You can act today to raise awareness and persuade decision makers to protect worker health, public health, and the environment from noise and pollution related to landscape maintenance activities. Ask them to opt for cleaner, quieter, healthier communities!
- Educate yourself about the facts and the solutions. It may be helpful to focus on a particular target audience; for example, children/schools, seniors, animals, or environment.
- Speak to family, friends, school administrators, clinicians, landscapers, and others about the adverse impacts of fossil fuel-based landscape maintenance and the availability of practical, effective solutions.
- Distribute educational materials, such as fliers and fact sheets.
- Make phone calls or write letters to neighbors, landscape companies, government officials and other decision makers.
- Communicate a positive vision that is “problem-aware” but “solution-focused.”